Dr Rohit Lal MBBS, MRCP, PhD is a Consultant Medical Oncologist at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital and a Honorary Consultant Medical Oncologist for Kings College Hospital. He also treats patients at leading private hospitals in London.
Dr Rohit Lal specialises in the treatment of Thoracic cancers:
Dr Rohit Lal graduated from Guy’s and St Thomas’ United Medical and Dental Schools, London in 1994. He completed his medical rotation in Leeds working in oncology and then undertook formal oncology training at the Royal Marsden Hospitals, London and Sutton.
Dr Lal was awarded a PhD by the University of London for cancer research at the London Research Institute in 2006. He joined the Medical Oncology department at Guy’s in 2007. He is the Clinical Lead for Medical Oncology having previously been the Chair of the Oncology Directorate Clinical Governance Committee and the Training Programme Director for Medical Oncology in South East London.
Dr Lal’s specialist interest is in the treatment of all forms of lung cancers from early diagnosis through to controlling advanced disease. He also has extensive experience in treating mesothelioma and thymomas and is the UK Chief Investigator for several clinical trials with new drugs and vaccines.
He is the Chair of the Clinical Governance Committee for Oncology at Guys Hospital and is the Training Programme Director for Medical Oncology.
He has published a number of papers and presented at national and international meetings.
Current NHS Posts
- Consultant Medical Oncologist at Guys and St. Thomas’ Hospitals
- Honorary Consultant Medical Oncologist for Kings College Hospital
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
- Association of Cancer Physicians (ACP)
- British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- International Thymic Malignancies Interest Group (ITMIG)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- South Asian Health Foundation
- European Thoracic Oncology Platform
To arrange an appointment to see Dr Rohit Lal please contact
Independent Oncology at email@example.com
Fee ScheduleTo Download the fee schedule please use the link below: