MR Andrea Bille
Mr Andrea Bille is a Consultant Thoracic Surgeon specialising in lung surgery for cancer and non-cancer conditions
To arrange an appointment to see Mr Bille please call 020 3219 3599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lung investigations (including bronchoscopy and biopsy)
- Lung Cancer
- Mesothelioma (asbestos related lung cancer)
- Malignant Pericardial effusion (fluid around the heart)
- Thymoma (Cancer of the thymus gland)
- Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- Pleural effusion (fluid on the lung)
- Robotic Lung Surgery
Mr Bille is a Consultant Thoracic Surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Kings College University, London. He qualified in 2005 from the University of Turin and trained in Cardiothoracic Surgery in Italy and at Guy’s Hospital, London. He undertook a clinical fellowship at Guy’s Hospital focusing on mesothelioma surgery and minimally invasive thoracic surgery for the treatment of lung cancer and benign conditions.
In 2013 he was appointed as a consultant at the National Institute of Cancer in Milan, focusing on surgical treatment of lung cancer, thoracic sarcoma and mediastinal tumour which require extensive resection and complex reconstruction.
In 2014/15 Mr Bille undertook a clinical fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the US and trained in thoracoscopy and robotic surgery for the treatment of thoracic malignancies and advance technique with complex reconstruction for extensive thoracic malignancies. He completed his PhD in 2015 which focussed surgical treatment of mesothelioma.
Mr Bille is involved a number of research projects on lung cancer, thymoma and mesothelioma analysing the role of surgery and new multimodality approaches. He is a member of the thymoma and mesothelioma international staging committee and he is chair of the mesothelioma database of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (ESTS).
Mr Bille has published extensively and presented at conferences worldwide. He is Associate Editor of the thoracic section of the Tumori Journal and the Journal of Thoracic Disease.
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons Database committee & Head of the Mesothelioma Registry (ESTS)
- Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (UK)International
- Thymic Malignancies Interest Group (ITMIG)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
Mr Bille sees patients privately at the following locations:
- HCA London Bridge Hospital
- HCA Lister Hospital
- HCA Harley Street Clinic
- The London Clinic
To download Mr Bille's fee schedule click here
Mr Bille offers video consultations through Trustedoctor, a real-time online consultation service that enables you to have access to our Consultants wherever you are in the world. Your medical notes can be uploaded quickly and easily using secure servers, enabling our Consultants to determine the treatment you require.
To request an online consultation with Mr Bille click here